1. Assistance with Deployment Phase 1- Laying the Foundation >Create a compelling business case >Identify systems, processes and/or tools to be retired >Identify and support launch team
PST provides assistance to the management team and deployment sponsorto ensure critical components are in place. See the following two checklistsfor examples:
7. Tie into Vision and values, and confirm commitment for deployment to be reviewedsystematically by executive team.
6. Build a software roll-out schedule, covering: Installation, DB configuration, training andimplementation
5. Identify and secure contacts with all key interest groups. Build alliances in support of thechange.
4. Select an active, highly visible, executive sponsor. Confirm that he/she is well versed inchange management process, software deployment process, and is a strong advocate of thechange intended.
3. Create a people - political environment for change that supports a strong mandate.
2. Verify and demonstrate that current practices and systems, "business as usual," will notprovide the needed solution.
1. Build a case for change. Start by identifying what problems are to be solved with thedeployment. Base the business case on dollar costs in one or more of business outcome areas.Convert the reduction of those problems into track-able metric based goals.