PST Technical Support Homepage PST Technical Support Homepage

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Syncing to Outlook or Palm

Subject Topic: Sync issues with Outlook 2002 Post Reply Post New Topic
View Jdoshi's ProfileSearch for other posts by JdoshiQuote JdoshiSend Private MessageAdd to Buddy List
Jdoshion 20 May 2004 at 4:56am - IP Logged
Message posted by
Jdoshi
Standard Member
Standard Member
Singapore
20 May 2004
1 Posts

I am considering purchase of your software and have downloaded the trial. I am currently using Outlook 2002 as my email and task management software and am facing problems with syncronisation.

When I first tried to sync, I had an error message, which I did not record, but what I can remember is that it asked me to hit "N" to continue or "C" to cancel and debug. I chose the continue option.The sync seemed to work thereafter.

However, when I try to sync later, the items in ManagePro (goals, to dos, calendar events) are not updated in Outlook. I have created a Task Item folder in Outlook called Goals as required. On the other hand, the Calendar items in Outlook can be seen in ManagePro. Task Items in Outlook cannot be seen in ManagePro.

As I am use Outlook extensively to manage day-to-day tasks and appointments, this feature is important to me in the overall functionality requirements for Managepro.

Please asssist.

View admin's ProfileSearch for other posts by adminQuote adminSend Private MessageAdd to Buddy List
adminon 20 May 2004 at 10:22am - IP Logged
Message posted by
admin
Forum Admin
Forum Administrator
United States
29 March 2001
168 Posts
http://www.managepro.com/newsltr/april2004.htm

"We've improved the synchronization to Outlook, however, note that we have stopped supporting recurring events.  There were too many problems in supporting syncing Outlook's recurring events given the quirky way Outlook allows multiple ID's for one event.  It was continuing to cause crashes and/or duplicate events for too many of our customers.  Now, only the original recurring event comes over on the sync.  However, if you create recurring events in ManagePro (checkpoints), they will all sync over to Outlook successfully."

John

This issue comes appears when an outlook user utilizes recurring events within Outlook.

As a workaround, you can either remove recurring events from Outlook and then perform a synchronization or press "N" to continue repeatedly until the first synchronization has completed. Once a first sync has completed. The debug window will not display the error again and things will work correctly.

Please note from our May 2004 Newsleter

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register