- Part strategic management
- Part performance management
- Part project management
ManagePro™ is an integrated, multi-purpose management software solution for coordinating the entire work effort, from strategic goals, to project and task management, to individual performance.
ManagePro™ is designed for people in management. ManagePro™ gives you the power to simultaneously manage people, projects, tasks and goals... and all from one workspace on your PC.
That being said, the important question is, "Will ManagePro™ meet your needs?"
Let's answer the question by focusing on what ManagePro™ is and isn't,
and be sure to take advantage of our "7 Keys to Finding the Right Software" series at the bottom of this page.
What ManagePro™ isn't:
- It is not a simple personal information manager (PIM) - it's much more. If you are only looking for a basic to-do list and calendar functions, we suggest you check out MS Outlook, Lotus Notes, GroupWise or host of other similar tools.
- It is not an "industrial strength" project management tool, although it provides the project management tools that will manage 90% of most projects, including resource allocation, critical path and Gantt chart features. If you are looking for a program for large, complex projects with thousands of line items underneath each project, we suggest programs such as Primavera or MS Project.
What ManagePro™ is:
A software package designed to help people in management and their direct reports coordinate their work effort to achieve targeted goals and improved results using a “goal, action plan, results” format.
It provides multiple tools to organize, track and report information, for people that manage a multitude of roles, tasks, projects and people within a given day.
It ties together everything from the strategic plan to today’s tasks and e-mail, while organizing project and performance data into efficient, cascading displays to provide both context and drill-down capabilities in a single click.
- Tying everything into goals and roles, it ultimately provides a more effective way to work.
ManagePro™ offers a "better" - more effective way to work
- In simple terms, "better" refers to improved performance. Backed up by more than 100 studies, people consistently achieve more when they structure work around setting goals, working a plan to reach those goals and documenting their results.
- From another perspective, "better" refers to an improvement over the time honored method of managing by to-do lists, memory and meetings. Managing by lists and meetings simply isn't as effective.
You'll be more effective using ManagePro™ to manage meetings. It is very difficult (if not impossible) to keep up, when managing by writing down to-dos, getting status updates verbally and trusting that you and others will remember and follow-through on action items discussed in a meeting.
ManagePro™ gives you unparalleled visibility on follow-through and results in what can be a very dynamic market environment. Given Davis & Meyer's comment (Blur), "Reality is much messier than any linear chain," most managers good intentions for following up on objectives and assignments give way to checking off to-dos, more meetings, decreased availability of information and a lack of focus upon goals.
Would ManagePro™ help you in your work life? Answer this question and you should know.
"In two clicks, even in two minutes, can you pull the top 3 goals each of your direct reports are working on for this quarter? How about viewing their progress status report for the past week, their status report for the prior month, and their plan for reaching that goal?"
Let's go a little bit further.
"Can you view a metric or score that compares the target versus the results for that goal? How about how much time has been expended on that project versus projected? How about tracking the relative resource allocation of your direct report, e.g. what % of their time are they committed to each of their top 3 goals?"
If your answer is "No I can't do that... are you kidding?!!"
And if you're thinking "Yes, it would be a big help to have all that information at my finger tips," then keep reading, because ManagePro™ can do all of that for you and more.
The capability of ManagePro™
Let's go over two of more than 30 key features, with screenshots, to clarify how the program could work for you.
1. Visibility, Alignment, Scorecards, Balanced Scorecard... or,
I just want to be able to see everything we're working on
Everyone needs a way to see "Where we're going, What we are going to do to get there and How we're doing?" It's basic stuff for which ManagePro™ provides visibility and accessibility at both the corporate and individual level. Based upon a model that starts with goals and roles, each view then displays a cascading layout of action plans and tasks in support of achieving goals and fulfilling roles. ManagePro™ does it using 4 different core displays or views:
- A cascading/outline view for the overall organization, (in this view with scorecards)
- An cascading/outline view for the individual, (in this view without scorecards)
- A Gantt chart view of all activity
- A Work Breakdown Structure (in this view including Balance Scorecard metrics)
Imagine what you could do - what everyone in your organization could do - if every goal, role, and assignment were clearly laid out and easy to track? Imagine if follow-up on results was just a click away?
2. Follow-through, Drill-Down, Accountability
What good is it to have goals or plans if no one remembers to follow through? In fact, its highly frustrating to assign objectives or tasks to staff and not be able to easily and quickly see what's been done to-date on those items.
With ManagePro™ you can track follow-through in a progress update journal, specific to each goal, action plan or task. Actually it gets better than that. ManagePro™ maximizes the ease of entering and tracking status updates and all the details that emerge in the course of a day at work. ManagePro™ provides the data entry tools using the first line of buttons at the top of the screen, and uses icons to indicate for each record if it has the following key data points attached:
- progress updates (purple arrow)
- to-dos (green checkmark)
- appointments (green checkmark)
- attached documents and reports (white paper)
There's a lot more to explore.
We've just scratched the surface of what you can do with ManagePro™. We have yet to address features like reducing the time spent in meetings by managing them from within ManagePro™, or strategic planning and alignment of all projects and objectives, etc.
If you're ready to take action or learn more, just click on the link that matches your needs below. We anticipate at least one of them will be just what you need in evaluating and using ManagePro™ in your work setting.
1. Click here to tour the program
2. Click here to download demo software
Order the software today and begin putting it to use for your benefit today